Kathy LeMay is an internationally-recognized public speaker, philanthropic advisor, global social change fundraiser and published author whose purpose-driven life centers on lifting up the voices, stories, leadership and influence of the women and girls around the world. Kathy speaks about the transformative life; of shifting from success to significance, and putting humanity back into modern philanthropy. She coaches social change innovators and global donors to boldly and unapologetically create the world we know is possible. Kathy's book The Generosity Plan, released by Simon & Schuster and Beyond Words in 2010, aims to put philanthropic power into the hands of regular individuals, families, and communities. Currently, Kathy is the lead philanthropic strategist behind Tostan, supporting a multi-million dollar raise to bring Tostan's Community Empowerment Program to the entirety of West Africa. She is also engaged with Beyond Carnism, Vital Voices & Refuge Point.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS OVER 25 YEARS:
- Co-launched a program bringing millions of pounds of "edible but not sellable" fresh produce to hungry people in Washington state with Produce for the People
- Co-led the effort to triple the organization's growth, reach, and impact with Women for Women International
- Trained more than 70 women's funds throughout the globe to advance social justice philanthropy worldwide with the Global Women's Funding Movement
- Trained 75 women of color and women from the Global South to lead women led organizations with the Women of Color/ International Development Incubator
- Trained university and college leaders, community led organizations and local social change leaders to raise resources to advance their mission and passions in the Canadian Philanthropic sector
To book Kathy LeMay for a speaking engagement with your organization or company, click here.
To read Kathy's blog, click here.